Smaller is Better
Sweet Homes is small boutique vacation rental company - we do not represent hundreds of homes, so your beach house will not get lost in a sea of competitors. Our managers handle fewer homes so that they can give your house the attention it deserves. Moreover, we are a premium rental company that caters to owners of beautiful, special, oceanfront and ocean view homes. At Sweet Homes, we're selective about representing homes that match our brand. This way your home is featured with other lovely and unique homes of similar quality and caliber. And, because we're a small company, we are able to go the extra mile to showcase and care for your home.
- Highest Cleaning Standards - We pay our cleaners significantly above the industry standard and provide extensive training to ensure that they meet our high expectations. Our cleaners work from a detailed iPad check-list of everything that must be done in every room to ensure quality cleaning, and your home is inspected after each cleaning, and "staged" before each check-in.
- We Care for your Home - We ensure that all routine maintenance is done at your home, year-round, and we address any issues that arise immediately. Recently, one of our happy home owners wrote, "Sweet Homes has accomplished more in a few weeks than my other companies have accomplished in YEARS!"
We, Todd & Kate, are the owners of Sweet Homes Rentals and we are vacation homeowners like you. We opened this business because no other vacation rental company was managing our beach house the way we expected it to be done. As a result, we run this company from a homeowner's perspective. We pride ourselves on providing top-notch customer service to our homeowners, and our team takes care of your home as if it were our own, while also providing outstanding service to your guests.
- No Limits on owners use - It's your home and you should be able to stay in your home any time you want! Unlike many of our competitors, we do not put restrictions as to when you can and cannot use your home. So long as it's not already booked by guests, you have first dibs on staying at your home.
- We Provide Boutique Hotel quality linens - No need to keep buying expensive sheets and towels and worrying about them being properly cleaned after each guests' stay. Sweet Homes supplies your home with high quality linens, bath rugs, and towels. We also laundry them off site, which saves you on your water and electric bills!
- Free Guest Supplies - Sweet Homes provides many of the supplies that are used by your guests. These items include, but are not limited to: toilet paper, facial tissue, paper towels, hand soap, shampoo, body wash, dish soap, dishwasher soap, rinse aid, sponge, foil, saran wrap, ziploc bags, salt, pepper, oil, laundry detergent, dryer sheets, stain remover, glass cleaner, all purpose cleaner, cleanser, three types of garbage bags, dog biscuits, and doggie waste disposal bags.
- Income and Expense Reports - We provide monthly statements of your gross rentals, your operating costs, and your net income. We also provide you with an end-of-year accounting summary for all rental income, and all expenses paid on your behalf by Sweet Homes Rentals during the year, for your easy tax preparation.
- Bill Paying - If you'd like us to manage and pay the bills for utilities and maintenance of your home on your behalf, we will gladly do so at no additional charge. The cost will be itemized on your monthly and year-end statements and that amount will be deducted from your monthly revenues.
- Cleaning Fees - Owners do not pay for guest cleanings; at Sweet Homes, our guests pay to have your home and hot tub cleaned. If you're not using the home, why should you pay to clean it?
Great Guests & Personal Check-ins
At Sweet Homes, we believe in renting to guests who we believe will treat your home with care and respect. We have strict rules and policies that your guests must agree to before finalizing their rental. And we're the only company on the coast who does a face-to-face check-in at your home when your guests arrive.
- We Meet Every New Guest at the Home - We walk them through the house to ensure that any problems are noted (and if not, any problems we find at the end of their stay are fairly attributed to them), to show them how things work and where things are, and to answer any questions that they might have for us. This is also an opportunity for us to remind them of our policies and again have them sign-off on them. It allows your property manager to meet every group of guests, to personalize the interaction, and to ensure that there are the correct number of guests, cars, and dogs (if applicable) in your home.
- Minimum age to rent - The primary renter needs to be at least 26 years old, and so do the majority of the guests (unless it's a family with children, of course!).
- No Party Policy - We don't allow parties, weddings, or other events in our homes. There is too much of a chance for problems and damage when groups congregate in homes, to say nothing of issues with neighbors, parking, garbage, and the like. You're guests can relax and celebrate whatever occasion draws them to the beach, but no guest list, caterers, or other semblances of parties or events are allowed.
Higher Income & Our Recipe for Success
We are one of a small handful of companies on the Coast that use a dynamic rate structure to optimize rental income for your home. We also have a proven 6-point list of features and amenities that will insure higher grosses for your home. There are other companies that offer a first year guarantee for signing with them, but we want to insure that your home is going to meet high benchmarks, year after year. We're committed for the long term. Our record of success is based on our positive philosophy, our hard work on your behalf, our complete dedication to quality, distinction, and service, and our drive to make your home profitable for you. To this end, we book our homes year-round.
- Dynamic Rates - Unlike many companies that have two or three rates for "on & off" season, our rates fluctuate on a day-to-day and month-to-month basis, much like a hotel. We analyze trends, supply & demand, and inventory to optimize the rates for your home year round.
- No Short Sighted Single Year Guarantees - Some of our competitors may offer you a guarantee of cash if they don't match or exceed your current rental income in the first year. Aside from whether these deals really pay out, who is to say that these companies will match or exceed your rental income in the 2nd or 3rd year, and beyond? At Sweet Homes, we want your home to have a steady, positive increase in rental income, and to build on your grosses year after year. We'll work for your home to be ever more successful as a rental so that we can be your rental partner for many happy years to come.
- Highest Occupancy Percentage on the Coast - Because we are small we are able to maximize leads from our advertising efforts and keep our homes full year round.
- 6 points of Proven Success - We will share this "recipe" with you when we talk, and then we will personally invest in your home to make it happen because we believe in this equation and have seen success from it again and again.
- No Interest Loans for Improvements - We realize that you might have to spend a little money to make more money. If your home qualifies, Sweet Homes will front these costs for your home improvements with a no interest loan, and this can simply be repaid from future rental revenue.
- Design Expertise - We have done several remodeling and design projects for our homeowners, and have a licensed architect with design and project management experience on staff. We know how to make your home appealing to renters and a beautiful, welcoming and special space for you and your guests to enjoy!
Extensive Marketing & Expertise
Todd, one of the owners of Sweet Homes, has more than 20 years in the national advertising industry, and he brings this extensive experience to Sweet Homes generally, and to the successful marketing of your home, specifically. We invest heavily in marketing in a wide range of channels from TV commercials, to print ads in coastal magazines, to strategic & successful online marketing. Kate, the other owner of Sweet Homes, is a sociologist who understands data, trends, how people interact, and how our interactions are impacted by the spaces in which we reside. Together, we bring our professional expertise to bear in our advertising, marketing, and promotion of your home, and in our interactions with your guests.
- More Facebook "Likes" Than Any Other VR Company on the Coast
- Professional, HDR Photography & High Definition Videos We feature your homes in "magazine style" on our website and in our ads and brochures for your home using professional HDR photography and high-def videos. We even do we do drone photography and video for gorgeous aerial views!
- Highly invested in Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest
- Extensive Online Marketing - Travelocity, Flipkey, VRBO, Home Away, Expedia and others
A Strong Local Presence
The owner of Sweet Homes, Todd, is a native Oregonian with roots in the Yachats community for over 15 years. We have a local property manager, and an assistant manager, on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We have a strong presence of local housekeepers, handymen, and other service providers who are experienced, licensed, trustworthy, and trained to be part of the Sweet Homes team and to uphold our high standards. If problems arise at your home, our on-call manager will work with our local team of providers to resolve the issue efficiently, effectively, and professionally.
- Local manager is available 24/7 - When your guests call they will not be greeted by a call center far from the coast. Guests and prospective renters with questions or issues, will talk directly to one of our local property managers or a Sweet Homes receptionist/sales specialist that are located on the Central Oregon Coast.
- Brick & Mortar - We have a local office that is open to the public where we showcase each of your homes on a large 60" HD video screen, provide glossy postcards of each home, and have a friendly staff to answer any questions and assist with bookings.
Do you have questions or are you interested in partnering with Sweet Homes? Please contact us! We'd love the opportunity to chat with you, get to know your rental goals, see your home, and answer all of your questions. We know it's difficult choosing the right rental company to represent your home; our goal is to make choosing Sweet Homes an easy decision and one that you never regret. Thanks for considering Sweet Homes Rentals!