It’s time to think about holiday gift exchanges, Secret Santas, and what’s going on in all of those stockings that haven’t even been hung yet. Sure, ordering on Amazon is easy, but why not do something fun for yourself this year? Head to the Oregon coast. You can check off the names on your list and support local businesses at the same time. Below are just some examples of what you can find.
Hand-blown glass is a stunning art form and is very popular on the Oregon coast. You can find anything from small beads to paperweights and dishes. There are many galleries full of glass art, but be sure to check out:
- The Edge Art Gallery in South Beach features 25 artists, many of whom are local, with a diversity of glass artwork.
- Oregon Coast Glassworks in Newport has a gift gallery full of incredible sea life and animal sculpture, bowls, platters, floats, handcrafted jewelry, local beach agates, and other handcrafted items from local artists.
- Ocean Beaches Glass Blowing & Gallery in Seal Rock features floats, memorial glass and lighting by Bob Meyer, and more.
- The Hot Shop in Newport makes unique art in glass and creates floats that glow in the dark.
Unique, handmade gifts, that’s why we love the galleries and shops on the coast. Check out:
- Touchstone Gallery in Yachats features 120 Oregon artists offering whimsical, sophisticated, and graceful designs—all created to lift your heart, mind, and spirit.
- Toad Hall in Yachats offers original arts, crafts, and decorative accessories for home and garden, and the “best selection of greeting cards on the coast.”
- Earthworks Gallery in Yachats features artwork, fine crafts, and jewelry
- The Itinerant Artists in Waldport features artists from throughout the area and sells jewelry, scarves, custom wood products, paintings, glasswork, and photography.
- Breach the Moon Gallery in Newport is located on the bayfront and represents some of the finest artists this region has to offer featuring wall art, glass, bronze, wood, and jewelry.
- Newport Bay Candle sells unique candles that are packed with fragrance while offering a clean, smoke-free experience. Their gel candles are made locally.
- LaVoy’s At Depoe Bay supports local artists who work in glass, metal, and wood and has a variety of wonderful unique items.
For west coast and nautical-inspired clothing and gifts, visit the shops in Newport:
- Specifically Pacific sells clothing that is sustainable, American Made, designed locally, and handprinted.
- Childish Tendencies is a fun-filled gift store in Newport for the young and young at heart.
- Oregon Coast Aquarium has a gift shop where you can find everything from plush animals to books to one-of-a-kind animal paintings.