Get Out & Do More In Newport!
First time guests to the coast are always asking us about activities for there travels. Besides the natural beauty, there are many activities for adults and children, up and down the coast. We thought we would break it down by different areas to simplify your search. It’s time to explore Newport.
Newport has some of the best shopping around, you will find handcrafted items from local artisans such as hand bags all the way to decorative blown glass floats. The Historic Nye Beach, Historic Bay Front and South Beach areas have a many shops to choose from.
When you are looking for something to fuel your day seafood and more can be found in Newport
Here you will find many shops and local eateries plus these
- Marine Discovery Tours
- Sea Lion Dock
- Opened in 1992, the Oregon Coast Aquarium ranks among the top 10 aquariums in the nation. Experience their newest exhibit “Passages of the Deep”, where you’ll experience the mysteries of the open ocean through a submerged acrylic tunnel. Indoor exhibits feature marine life found in wetlands, sandy and rocky shores and the deep waters of the Pacific Ocean. Outdoor exhibits are home to sea otters, seals, sea lions and a giant Pacific octopus. The Aquarium has one of the largest walk-through seabird aviaries in North America.
- Oregon State University’s Hatfield Marine Science Visitor Center creates a unique, dynamic environment for lifelong exploration and discovery. The Visitor Center encourages adults and children to enjoy marine science as they learn more about the natural world. Our exhibits, programs and classes demonstrate how scientific research enhances our ability to interpret the natural patterns and forces that shape our world, and equips us to better appreciate, manage and sustain coastal and marine resources.
Perfect stop any day to see some a great collection of interesting things, local marine life and of course wax mannequins.
Excellent space to see changing exhibits and take an educational class.
Home to a resident company and a stop for visiting performances, there is new a wrong time to see a show!
Need to run the energy out of the kiddos, then look no further. Great for younger children to burn off some energy.
Perfect for groups of friends/families and or work retreats looking for a team building exercise.
Newport has some amazing fishing. Let the pros put you on the right spot!
- Newport Tradewinds Deep Sea Fishing – Newport
- Yaquina Bay Charters / Deep Sea Fishing – Newport
- Charter Fishing Newport
- Captian’s Reel Deep Sea Fishing
Its always fun to get out and bike. Didn’t have room to pack the bike, Bike Newport can get you a rental and point you in the right direction for trails.
Learn about some of the colorful history of Newport and the Oregon Central Coast.